“Christ commanded his followers to share the Gospel with those who are perishing…
who have you shared with today?”
– Living Waters
Christian evangelism is when we share our faith with others. It is a lifestyle, not a program. Every Christian is called to incorporate an evangelistic aspect to his or her ministry efforts, regardless of individual gifts and abilities. Loving unbelievers the way Jesus did is one of the most important ministries of the Church. Without His passion for the lost, we will be unwilling to make the sacrifices necessary to reach them.
Looking across the landscape of our society, it is clear that there is a vast field of people who desperately need to know God, His grace and His offer of reconciliation through Jesus Christ. We are called to meet that need through evangelism.
In response to the Great Commission, the Evangelism Ministry Team is focused on outreach to the expatriate community by doing the following:
• Follow up with visitors and individuals who have completed forms requesting prayer, asking questions about the ministry, or indicating curiosity about salvation, etc.
• Encourage members to share their faith using their own life experiences and testimony as well as Scripture.
• Serve as an altar counselor for those who come forward for salvation during or following church services.
• Pray regularly for the evangelism ministry, for those who will be visited and for specific names of people needing salvation.
• Promote outreach events through honest and caring relationships with the non-churched community and eventually invite them to attend church.
• Distributing brochures and gospel tracts in homes and various locations within the city to inform people about the existence of the church and to invite them to attend.
Through evangelism, we learn to use the creative and strategic abilities God has invested within us to reach those who desperately need to know God in an intimate, personal and life-changing way.
If you are passionate about sharing your faith with non-Christians or looking for an opportunity to let God use you to carry the good news of salvation to others, the evangelism ministry team is where you need to serve.
Please contact the church via phone (02) 333-7393 or email at email@example.com for more information.